7 Reasons to grow your own organic vegetable garden
Recently, the use of chemicals and pesticides has considerably increased in the farming sector. This has created many health complications for people who are exposed to these chemicals. This article is going to highlight seven important reasons why you should grow your vegetables in your own organic vegetable
During the last few decades, the farming sector has witnessed a complete revolution in terms of mechanization and homogenization of agriculture with the use of hybrid seeds, additives, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers and other modern techniques of mass production. This has created many health complications for people who are exposed to these chemicals. The birds, animals and humans are facing many new and dangerous diseases, which are more or less the result of the growing concentration of these chemicals and pesticides in the food chain.
The reports of the World Health Organization have recognized the threat to human health from using these chemicals and manufacturing processes. Many people are now shifting to organic farming to escape from the devastating health implications caused by these chemicals. If you have sufficient land area, it’s certainly a very good decision to grow your own vegetables in an organic manner. This article is going to highlight seven important reasons why you should grow your vegetables in your own organic vegetable garden:
- According to the organic food associations, the research has established that additives in our food chain induce migraines, osteoporosis, hyperactivity and heart diseases. You will get vegetables that are free from any additives.
- The synthetic fertilizers and pesticides cause harmful side effects when they enter the food chain. The farmers are motivated to get high price for their crops and use these chemicals and fertilizers to increase productivity regardless of the prevailing weather conditions. The quality of the vegetables gets affected as they contain these chemicals and pesticides. The pesticides are harmful to humans as well. By growing your vegetables in your organic garden, you are ensured to get fresh organic vegetables.
- Besides the chemicals and pesticides, the farming sector is now experimenting with modified genes and growing genetically modified crops. The use of drugs, antibiotics and hormones are considerably increasing to improve the yield and get larger vegetables. These vegetables look fresh but don’t have their natural taste. The hormones taken through these vegetables create potential risk factors for our health. Your organic vegetables will provide health and nutrition in the most natural way as they are supposed to.
- The fresh vegetables always taste good. You will get more natural and fresh vegetables than any supermarket or store. You are going to consume more vegetables and can use them without peeling them, as you know that no chemicals and pesticides have been used. The organic vegetables will improve your overall health. These vegetables will not pose the risk of contamination.
- As already mentioned, the use of chemicals and pesticides, fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics coupled with hybrid seeds produce tasteless vegetables. You will experience the real taste of fresh and natural vegetables on growing your own organic vegetables. The dishes and recipes prepared by using these organic vegetables will taste wonderful.
- You are going to contribute in protecting the environment. The use of chemicals and pesticides pollute the environment and inject harmful chemicals into the food chain. Your organic vegetables will be free from any chemical compounds, and the chemical load on the soil and air will be reduced in proportion to your contribution.
- You are going to contribute towards sustainability of this planet in proportion to your contribution in self-reliance and sustainability. When you are growing your organic vegetables, you are going to share with your friend as well and the small communities fostering brotherhood and exchanging their organic produce is continuously growing. This will create a friendly and cordial atmosphere for human civilization.
In brief, when you are growing your own organic vegetables, you will be eating natural organic products without any adulteration. The natural foods are not supposed to have a cocktail of different chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, hormones and additives. Your organic vegetables are the sure way to get better health and nutrition.